CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2012

Famous Mississippi Pumpkin

Emma was required by her third grade teacher to pick a famous Mississippian for a project. She had to decorate a pumpkin to look like this person and to write a short report. Emma chose Eudora Welty. Emma has heard me talk about working in Welty Hall at MUW for years, so she was excited to choose Miss Welty when I suggested it to her.


We made a little book for the pumpkin to hold that we tried to make it look like one of Miss Welty's most well-known books, The Optimist Daughter. 
Emma made the pumpkin a sign saying "I love MUW!"  because Miss Welty attended MUW and often spoke fondly of it.
Here's her hand written report. I just love Emma's hand writing. 
I think Emma's pumpkin project turned out great, and we had fun doing it together. 

No comments: