CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

GA Mother/Daughter Weekend

Anna Kate and I had a great time this weekend at Camp Garaywa for the annual mother/daughter weekend. This was our fourth year to attend. Girls in the first through sixth grade can attend, so both Anna Kate and Emma will be able to attend with me next year.
I love this sweet picture with my girl.
Here's our church group.
We only had four girls from our church to attend this year, but they were a great group of girls.
We were in Cabin 10.
The theme for the weekend was "Leaving Your Lifeprint." We learned that, whether good or bad, we all leave lifeprints on the people around us. I am renewing my commitment to leave a positive lifeprint on those around me, especially our girls.
We were so glad it wasn't too wet to do the Friday night campfire. This is such a special time of singing, devotion time and roasting marshmellows to make smores.
Here's a silhouette picture I took of Anna Kate in front of the fire.
Here's another one with a spotlight on her.
And one last silhoutette. I wasn't sure I would be able to do a decent silhouette picture with my "little" camera, but I am pretty pleased with the results.
It was really cool that night, but Anna Kate didn't like how hot the fire was.
Anna Kate on her bunk bed. Every time she rolled over in the night, I had this fear of her bed falling down on me.
I love this cute picture of Anna Kate on Saturday morning on the bridge.
We had a great time at crafts. Here are our canvases that we painted.
The weather was perfect. We enjoyed sitting outside soaking up the nice fall weather.
I love you, Anna Kate. I had a great time spending the weekend with you.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

How fun! Great memories! :o)

Samantha said...

So glad you guys had a great time!! We enjoyed the girls yesterday! They love some mexican food!!

Amanda said...

What a special time for the two of you! I love my Abby time. Love both my babies, but love the one on one time with them also. I know it was extra special learn about God together!

cindolla said...

What a special time spent together sharing and learning about God. there is nothing like one on one time. glad y'all had fun