CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"She's Going to Do What?"

That's the question I asked Tim. I still can't believe I agreed to this. And I really can't believe I stood there and watched.
Okay, what are you doing?
So, you are going to climb up the tree a little using a rope.
So, you did it. Smile I will take your picture and then I want you to come down.
Now where are you going?Okay, that's far enough. I think you should come down now.
I am really starting to not like this.
There, you reached that branch. I REALLY do think that's far enough.
I'm getting really nervous now. I thought you had gone far enough.
I don't think I can look anymore.
Thank goodness you are at the top of your rope and can't go any further. Smile real quick, and then I want you to come down.
Believe it or not, my husband taught our 10-year-old child to climb a tree using a rope and harness to a height of 35 feet. They are a little nuts, but I guess there is a purpose to this. Tim is helping Anna Kate with her climbing skills for the extreme geocaches they are planning to find. They recently found an extreme geocache that didn't require climbing. It was a 20-plus stage cache that took them through dozens of culverts under the roads in Oxford. I have seen some pretty neat pictures of them from this cache. If I can get my hands on them, I will post one or two. Tim is already an experienced tree climber. Once Anna Kate has practiced some more, I have a feeling there will be lots of this. I am glad that I usually don't go with them when they geocache. By the way, Emma thought this was really cool. I wonder how it will be before Tim has her doing this sort of stuff too.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I can't believe she climbed that high! wow!

Amanda said...

The famous NHE saying OMG!!! You are a brave Moma for watching her climb that high.

Melanie said...

HA!!! Looks like something mine would do!