CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Trojan Idols

Our girls participated in Trojan Idol last night. It was a talent show for the elementary school, and it served as a fund raiser for Relay for Life.
The talent was so good. It included singing, tap, ballet, break dancing, skate boarding, jump roping, gymnastics, guitar, and violin. There was even an appearance by Elvis!
Anna Kate and Emma love to sing, and they love to jump rope, so they decided to do both in their act.
They performed to Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA."
They sang the first verse and chorus...
...including with hand motions. You should have seen Emma shaking her hips. I wish I had a video.
The middle part of the song they did individual jump ropes and did great.
The last part of the song Tim and I twirled the big rope for them.
I wish I had the energy they have. That was a lot of jumping.
Anna Kate did some by herself -- spinning around, touching the ground with her hands, and running out and around and then going back in. Emma did great too.
This was not a competition. Each child received a trophy.
We were so proud of our girls. You are our Trojan Idols.
Oh, here's the conversation Emma and I had on our way home after it was over.
Me: I am so proud of both of you.
Emma: I know. We did great. We rocked it.
Me: Aren't you glad you did it?
Emma: I was real nervous before it started, but I just told myself to believe that I could do it, and I did. So there.

2 comments:

cindolla said...

They get my votes.

Unknown said...

Oh, how fun!!!! We love that song around here too!