CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Anything for a Picture

We had plans all week for me to take the girls' Christmas portraits for our Christmas card. Or at least those were my plans. Emma, however, had different plans. Oh, she led me to believe we were going to do the pictures. They got all fixed up and we drove to the Lake as planned. I toted all of our stuff (a bench, a chair, and all my camera equipment) to the designed spot. But things went seriously downhill from there. She didn't want to sit up and didn't want to look at the camera. She even told me that she forgot how to smile. I was just about ready to scream when I remembered one very important word. No, not please. I had already used that one multiple times. I am not too old to beg. The word is bribery. First I bribed them with supper tonight at Mi Hacinda (their favorite restaurant). I was about ready to bribe her with money when she asked me if she could take my picture. It was bad enough that I had to hand over my very expensive camera with a brand new, very expansive lens to a five-year-old, but it got worse. She didn't just want a quick smile picture. I had to make a goofy face for the picture. And not just one, but multiple pictures. I also had to promise to post one on my blog. See below. Anyway, she did finally cooperate some, and after over an hour, I was able to get a few good shots. I will post them closer to Christmas. Yes, I guess I will do just about anything for them for a good shot.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! What we will do for a good picture of our kids!!!! HA!

Tracy said...

Haha....cute picture of you.
I bet Ms Emma thought she was something taking Mom's picture for a change.

Samantha said...

ha ha.. the things we do..