CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Poor Baby

Our sweet little girl got shots today. The State is now requiring that all daycare children under the age of 5 get a Prevnar shot. I believe this is a recent addition, and nobody around here seemed to know about it. The State recently made random checks at the daycares, including our daycare, and found that lots of kids are missing this shot. Emma was one of these. Poor thing. She is less than three weeks shy of being 5 and wouldn't need the shot at all. When I took her to the doctor today, he said she could have her daycare shots too. I decided it might be easier on her to just do this one time so she had them all today, but I didn't realize it would be five shots. Yes, I said five. Our sweet baby had five shots today. She did so good, and we were so proud of her. I can't believe how brave she was. However, she has enjoyed the extra attention today and has played it for all it's worth. I haven't minded it at all. I'm just glad it's over. I'm sure she is too.

The first three shots.
And the last two.

3 comments:

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Oh goodness! Poor thing! She did a lot better than I would have! Bless her heart.

Samantha said...

Poor Emma.. I am sure her legs were sore!

Amanda said...

Poor Thing! I hate it when the have to get shots.