CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

6 unimportant things

My SIL Samantha (http://www.brandonandsamantha.blogspot.com/) tagged me. Now I have to list 6 unimportant things about myself. Her SIL Melanie (http://www.smithfamilyof5.blogspot.com/) was tagged and listed 6 things on her blog a couple of days ago and then tagged Samantha. I knew when I read that Melanie had tagged Samantha that Samantha would tag her three O'Bryant SILs. I was right. Can't wait to read Amanda's (http://www.obryanttimes.blogspot.com/) and Heather's (http://www.heatherobryant.blogspot.com/). Here it goes:


1. I am a neat freak. My desk at work is neat. My van is neat. My house is neat. Every shoe, every toy, every item in our house is perfectly in place before we go to bed at night. That's how I function. I can't stand things out of order. I drive Tim nuts, and my girls would probably think I am crazy, but they don't know it any other way.


2. I am highly organized. I love lists. I am constantly making lists of things I need to do, buy, whatever. Sometimes I do something and it wasn't on my list, but I write it on the list real quick so I can mark it off. Every closet, cabinet and drawer at work and home are organized, usually by color. People at work have labeled me as anal (excessively or obsessively orderly).


3. I am cheap. I am always looking for amazing deals on everything, especially on clothes. I mainly shop consignment. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying some rich person's $150 top name brand suit that still looks brand new that they don't want anymore for under $10. Everybody at work hates me because I am always coming to work with these great deals on.


4. I have a collection of over 60 "fashion rings" and wear one every day on my right hand to match my outfit. Didn't spend hardly any money on them. Ebay. Remember I am cheap.


5. I hate to cook. And I am not real good at it. I have had disaster after disaster in the kitchen. I have literally burned up two fry daddies. I even made Tim chicken cordon bleu for one of our first meals after we got married, and, instead of using corn flakes as the recipe called for, I used frosted flakes. It was horrible. I mainly stick to frozen items and a few other meals I have had plenty of practice doing.


6. Now that I have beaten myself down in the first five on my list, maybe I should use this last one to give myself a little pat on the back. I weigh 95 pounds lighter today than I did when I began my weight loss journey in 2003. There have been plenty of ups and downs. I'm defintely not perfect, but I haven't given up either. I can't take all the credit: I am a firm supporter of the Weight Watchers program, I am so grateful for all the encouraging comments I have received along the way from family and friends, and God has taught me that what I was doing to my body was sinful and an abuse of God's temple since I believe Jesus lives in my heart as a Christian. God really spoke to me through this verse: "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Cor. 6:19-20 NKJV). Another verse that is especially meaningful to me: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13 NKJV)

Okay, now I need to tag someone. My friends Amy, Mary Heather, and Jennifer, you have been tagged!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

#6 needs to be on an important list- not the unimportant list.. You have done such an amazing job and you look great by the way! You should be proud of yourself! That's amazing :)

Jill said...

You're sweet. Thanks.

Melanie said...

Jill, please email me. I want to ask you a few things about #6!!! You look fabulous and like Samantha, that is VERY IMPORTANT and something to be proud of:)

melanieshea78@yahoo.com