CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Camp Garaywa

Anna Kate and I went with six other mother/daughter sets from our church to the Mother/Daughter Weekend at Camp Garaywa in Clinton, MS. We had so much fun. This is the second year she and I have gone. She can go again next fall as a fifth grader and the year after that as a sixth grader. The year she is a sixth grader, Emma will be a first grader and all three of us can go. I am looking forward to that.

It was a really special time for us. It was great to get away from the hustle and bustle and spend some quality time together. Hugs were plentiful.

Here's the entire Mt. Zion group. We had fun "roughing it" in Cabin 4.

Anna Kate enjoyed the recreation time. They had tons for us to do.

The theme for the weekend was Mission Possible. We learned that it is possible to reach the world for Christ. We all have to do our part.

We had a scavenger hunt Friday night. Our group had to look for 30 blue pipe cleaners outside in the dark with flashlights. It was fun. Anna Kate was excited to find one.

Our favorite part of the weekend was the bomfire. It was a neat atmosphere to worship God.

After worship and devotion, the girls roasted marshmallows and made smores.

Here are a few neat pictures I took of the fire and the girls roasting marshmallows. I really like the third one with the fire shaped like a cross.



Anna Kate loved being on the top bunk, but I don't think she slept very well. She was such a wiggle worm.

Very few things have changed since I attended summer camp there for three or four years in a row as a young girl. Here is a picture of Anna Kate in one of the luggage buggies. It definitely came in handy transporting all our stuff. Who would have thought we would need so much stuff just to stay one night.

Anna Kate loved craft time too. It was always one of my favorites as a young camper. She is painting a sun catcher/wind chime.

We had morning devotions Saturday with each mother and daughter pairing up. It was special to me to hear my precious child read scripture and pray.

My precious child praying to her almighty God who saved her soul earlier this year. It is so neat to me to think that she is not only my daughter, but she is also a fellow sister in Christ.

Another thing that hasn't changed about Camp Garaywa is all the moss hanging from the trees. Just beautiful.

Here's Anna Kate on the bridge holding a stuffed dog with a Camp Garaywa shirt on that we bought at the camp store.

Sweet smile!

I love this girl and loved every minute of the time we spent together.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I am so glad yall had such a special time! Anna Kate is growing up!

Amanda said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Love all the pictures, too.